We are hiring an experienced Infusion Nurse for Napa Surgery Center(NSC) and Napa Pain Institute. NSC is part of the Neurovations family headquartered in Napa, California in the heart of the California Wine Country. Are you ready to help us grow?
Napa Surgery Center is a small physician-owned Ambulatory Surgery Center. We perform interventional pain management cases including joint injections and implantable neuromodulation devices with additional cases with a sports medicine physician and plastics as well. Our RN’s are well versed in infusion therapy as we perform IV infusions for our Research Department and as part of our COVID-19 outreach program with monoclonal antibody infusions.
The Infusion Nurse independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically, and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate a patient’s plan of care. To ensure success, medical-surgical nurses should possess extensive knowledge of various health conditions and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. An outstanding perioperative nurse will be someone whose expertise translates into exceptional patient care.
NSC was formed by Dr. Eric Grigsby and is part of Neurovations, a patient care and innovation company founded in 1992. Neurovations provides the best care for every patient we see- every day. Today, we are a national leader in medical device and pharmaceutical innovation, clinical research, pain, and neuroscience education, and community health through our non-profit Foundation, HealthRoots. Our unwavering mission is to inspire hope and to contribute to the health and well-being of our patients and communities through integrated clinical practice, research, and education.
Infusion Nurse Responsibilities:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans in consultation with healthcare professionals.
- Evaluating medical information, as well as providing direct and individualized bedside nursing care to pre-and post-surgery patients.
- Preparing, administering, and recording prescribed medications.
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs.
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment as needed, as well as interpreting and recording measurements.
- Monitoring patients’ vitals and reporting adverse reactions to medications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team.
- Answering questions and educating patients and their families on surgical procedures and post-surgery care.
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records.
- Adhering to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols.
Perioperative Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Certified CN-OR preferred.
- BLS, ACLS
- State-approved nursing licensure.
- At least two years of paid RN experience, ambulatory surgery experience is a plus.
- Competency in electronic patient management systems
- Extensive experience in monitoring a broad range of medical conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in perioperative nursing.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Availability to work shifts that rotate between days, nights, weekends, and public holidays.
Neurovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job Type: Per Diem
Pay: $45 per hour based on experience
We have a COVID testing lab on site.
Please send your CV to email@example.com