We are looking for an experienced Laboratory Technician. Under the direct supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Manager, this position will perform EIA and LC/MS/MS tests in a CLIA Licensed, COLA accredited Clinical Laboratory. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for laboratory support functions including equipment maintenance, inventory control, assist Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) in sample testing, specimen processing and receiving and other duties as assigned.
N3 Laboratories was formed by Dr. Eric Grigsby in 2011 and is now part of Neurovations, a patient care and innovation company. Neurovations provides the best care for every patient we see- every day. Today, we are a national leader in medical device and pharmaceutical innovation, clinical research, pain, and neuroscience education, and community health through our non-profit Foundation, HealthRoots. Our unwavering mission is to inspire hope and to contribute to the health and well-being of our patients and communities through integrated clinical practice, research, and education.
• Must possess at least a BS degree in Chemistry, Math, Biological Sciences or equivalent. MS degree is a plus.
• Demonstrate knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the medical laboratory field.
• Demonstrate familiarity with medical laboratory terminology, computer literacy, and application
• Demonstrate strong ability in paying attention to detail
• Be assessable to all laboratory staff members.
• Previous experience using LC-MS/MS (SCIEX 5500 or API 4000) and Enzyme immune assay (EIA) instrument is a plus; willing to train also.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical laboratory manager:
- Pick up specimens and perform sample and patient identification.
- Currently performing serum COVID-19 testing using all recommended safety procedures
- Prepare samples for analysis by qualified personnel and CLS.
- Assist in instrument preparation and maintenance.
- Assist in patient registration in LIS.
- Performing data entry of received requisitions.
- As deemed qualified by the Lab manager, perform EIA and LC/MS/MS testing under the direct supervision of the General Supervisor (CLS).
- Perform QC tests and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
- Notify the Laboratory manager on any deviations and assist in resolving technical problems.
- Assist in validating test systems and new assays
Post Analytical tasks:
- Approve results in LIS
- Print and deliver reports
- Perform the appropriate administrative functions to ensure accurate billing.
Other Essential Duties:
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Coordinate QC and periodic review activities
- Coordinate distribution and timely reporting of Proficiency Test samples
- Perform administrative duties
- Perform laboratory support functions including LIMS maintenance, inventory control, equipment maintenance, and sample management.
- Performing other clerical and secretarial work as assigned
- Sending specimens to reference laboratories.
- Other duties as assigned by the laboratory manager.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $28.00 to $36.00 /hour
Send Resume to INFO@N3LABORATORIES.COM